1. (a) You will receive an e-mail invite to join ActiveCollab, our project management system
1. (a) Create your account by filling out your profile
1. (a) Once you've logged in, you should be able to view the projects you're working on
1. (b) To upload proposal and contract documents, click on the 'Files' tab and then select 'Upload Files'
1. (c) Add milestones under the 'Milestones' task list
We invoice clients and process payments based on these project milestones, so this is a very important step.
Project milestones can vary depending on the type of contract.
If your project has a deliverables-based contract (also known as a fixed price contract), your milestones should be aligned to your deliverables.
If your project has a time and materials contract (also known as an hourly or variable price contract), your milestones should be aligned to your payment period - typically a month.
View the instructions below for examples. Still not clear? Email us at email@example.com.
1. (c) Add milestones by clicking on the 'Tasks' tab, navigate to the 'Milestones' task list and select 'Add a Task to This List'
1. (c) i. Here's an example of a milestone for a deliverables-based contract
1. (c) ii. Here's an example of a milestone for a time and materials contract
1. (d) Under the 'Tasks' tab, check off your setup tasks that you've completed in your designated 'Project Setup Task List'