Applications to the Catalyst:Ed Network are closed for review.
Calling all education experts!
Catalyst:Ed was founded on the premise that we can catalyze impact and improve outcomes for all young people by leveraging the best education and management expertise in the sector. We've had the privilege of getting to know over 470 outstanding individuals and teams who together form our expert network. We’ve watched in awe as they’ve rolled up their sleeves and helped schools, schools systems, nonprofits and grantmakers innovate, excel and scale. Through it all, we’ve deepened our resolve to identify the best and most diverse talent in education and amplify their impact so we can together deliver breakthrough outcomes for all children and youth.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for individuals and teams with:
- Strong expertise in one or more areas relevant to K-12 education (here is a non-exhaustive list of project areas where clients reach out to us for support).
- A deep commitment to serving all children and youth, especially those from underserved communities and families.
- Project-based work experience, serving internal or external clients.
- Alignment with our values.
Teams can be from for-profit or not-for-profit organizations. If applying as a team, please ensure that the lead applicant is a partner/project director who will serve as the client-facing lead for specific project areas.
How we define core expertise: We encourage applicants to reflect on the areas in which they have developed true mastery. Here are some questions to help you identify areas of core expertise:
- Experience: Have I worked on this domain area for a significant length of time (we look for at least two years of experience in the area) and ideally in multiple contexts?
- Growth: Have I made my mistakes and learned from them? Am I driven to continuously learn and improve in this area?
- Impact: Can I point to evidence of the impact that I've had through my work in this area?
- Applicability of learnings: Will I be able to apply my learnings from one context to another context?
- Comfort: Am I confident in my knowledge and expertise so that I can guide others, ask questions and encourage calculated risk-taking?
Here's a rule of thumb: For any given area, a "yes" to all or most of these questions indicates that you've identified an area of core expertise. If you've answered "yes" to only some of the questions, then you've likely identified an area of emerging expertise.
Our commitment to diversity: We believe that diversity leads to better - more creative and more robust - solutions and are committed to building a network of experts that is reflective of the diversity of our nation and the students we serve. Our expert network is steadily becoming more diverse - 50% of the experts who joined our network in our last two selection cycles were people of color and 60% were women.
WHAT YOU GAIN
Online application (May 29-June 28): Use the application form to tell us about your skills and experiences and how they have equipped you to support education leaders as they seek to innovate, excel and scale to serve all students. Applications close June 28. Submit by June 13 to get early notifications on interviews.
Interview (July 16-Aug 3): Schedule a video interview with a Catalyst:Ed team or network member.
Professional references: You'll be asked in your application to provide the contact details of three references who know you professionally and can speak to your skills and capabilities. We'll reach out to you references if you're invited to the interview stage. We connect with references by phone and email - these conversations help us pinpoint your expertise, understand the contexts that you thrive in and determine whether you're a good fit for our network.
- Notification (Aug 10): If you're selected, you'll receive an email welcoming you into the network.
- On-boarding webinar (Aug 22)
View the informational Webinar
The webinar will introduce you to our mission and model, and take you through the CE expert network selection process.